Monday, September 18, 2006

Disturbingly Bad Japanese TV

I'm posting this not because I think it's funny, but because I don't. I hate these "torment the guest" shows. American reality TV has nothing on Japan, where abusing the guests has a long tradition. I've seen shows where guests attempted to stay in a large acrylic tub full of scalding hot water in exchange for the right to promote their restaurant or hair salon, shows where guests drank large quantities of beer and then stood around trying not to be the first guy to break ranks and run for the bathroom, and more. And now this. Say a tongue twister or get, well, punished.

3 comments:

Joe said...

Disturbing is right. Does the same thing happen at QCMC is you can't explain your poster in 30 seconds?

rdv said...

Only for the men :-).

Joe said...

Your qualifying it with "only for the men" doesn't help me very much!