Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Magnitude 4.8 Wakeup Call


Am I a prophet, or what? (Mostly what, but I'm working on the prophet thang in case the academic gig falls through.)

At 6:18 this morning, magnitude 4.8 earthquake off the coast of Ibaraki-ken, 40km down. Here in Abiko, it was about shindo 2. Woke me up, sort of (usually I'm up before 6:00, but I worked until 1:00 last night). Not enough to get the adrenalin going, so I just rolled over and went back to sleep. My mother-in-law, who was walking between her house and ours, didn't even feel it.

This is at least the third from the same area and roughly the same size in the last month, and it seems like there has been one about every two weeks since we moved to Abiko in March. As long as it's releasing stress instead of building up, I'm happy.

No comments: