Sunday, November 20, 2005

Blogalog: Computer Graphics in Japan?

A pure computer graphics question, the first in a while. I know SIGGRAPH was months ago, but I never got around to asking some of my questions.

Was there any CG art (still or animated) from Japan this year? Who, from what organization? (Got a link?)

Any good technical papers from Japan, or exciting new technology from Japan on the show floor?

I know there are a lot of CG artists in Japan, and I'm not in that circle. It would be fun to get hooked up with them and at least attend the occasional talk or art show.

2 comments:

mr.wook said...

Well, most of the siggraph emerging
technologies exhibit was from Japan,
and they had some of the weirdest/
coolest stuff. There should be
links to at at the Siggraph 2k5
web site. H's Dvorak keyboard is
making me insane.

As far as people who might know
about the Tokyo CG Scene, you
might want to get in touch with
Asuka or Shoichi where I work...

Love,
Wook

rdv said...

Dude, you're such a tease. There was weird/cool stuff, but you won't tell us what it was?
There are a couple of hundred links at the SIGGRAPH2005 website. Give us at least an idea of what went down or who to look at -- immersive stuff? Modeling? AI-based character animation? Haptic interfaces? What was weird/cool this year?