Saturday, September 06, 2008

No Colbert on Linux, No Olympics on Windows

So, I'm trying to watch "The Colbert Report", which features Flash video, on my Fedora 9 laptop.

No joy. npviewer.bin, the Firefox plugin for Flash video, crashes reliably. A little googling turns up that I'm not the only one with this problem -- it has been The Daily Show's Developers' Blog. (Whine: why is it always me?)

A few weeks ago, I wanted to watch the Olympics in some fashion besides Japanese broadcast. Went to MSNBC.com...dang, Silverlight. I only run Linux on my laptop. Grumble. Dig out the Windows XP laptop I have at work for doing the obligatory Word documents. Download Silverlight. Install. Crashes. Reliably. (Whine: why is it always me?)

Have I mentioned that I hate computers?

1 comment:

rrtucci said...

Try HairComb version 9000.1. Thoroughly debugged on all platforms.