Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Quantum Repeaters in ToN

A few hours ago, I received word that our paper System Design for a Long-Line Quantum Repeater has been accepted to IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, which, it could be argued, is the second-most influential venue in the computer networking community. I have updated arXiv:0705.4128v2 [quant-ph] with a paper that closely matches the accepted version.

Ostensibly, the paper presents some simulation results on cavity QED repeaters using our banded purification algorithm for scheduling purification operations. In the bigger picture, I think it points out the importance of scheduling (we picked up a factor of fifty over our prior results) as separate from the actual choice of physical operations for purification. It also provides, to the best of my knowledge, the first attempt to organize the behavior of repeater networks into protocol levels and divisions of responsibility, in the fashion that networking people are accustomed to.

1 comment:

Agung said...

Dear Prof. Rod,

Congratulations for this.

I hope I can follow you.

Best regards,

Agung Trisetyarso